Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

oh 12 year olds....

When I was a kid camping in the fifth wheel was considered a "vacation". My little sister is 12, almost 13, and she has been on over 7 cruises, to Alaska twice, Hawaii twice, Mexico at least 4 times and will be headed to Africa in June.

This week my parents decided to go sport fishing in Mexico. They also decided to leave my sister home for the week while they were gone. But not at their house. They left her at mine!

Now my sister isnt your normal 12 year old. She is the 4th of 4 girls, me at 23 being the oldest, so she basically has grown up an only child- especially the last year since she is the one and only one left at home. She still gets tucked in each night and has to be woken up in the morning ect.

So when she arrived on Tuesday night we had to literally PEAL her off of my mom so that she could take off. She continued to cry for over an hour after that. Then she had to call my mom 3 times before bed. She was fine Wed morning and went off to school. We picked her up and she played with the baby and went to dancing. She seemed fine when we picked her up from Dancing but cried the entire way through dinner. :(

So this is how it is going to be until next Wed.... I hope I can make it though! A crying 12 year old coupled with a 2 year old and a pregnant lady dont make for a very happy house- my nerves are about fried....

SO wish me luck- im going to need it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, hopefully she will grow up a little this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor kid :( . I'm sure she'll get used to staying at your place by the day your parents come to get her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good luck!!!

    my little brother is in the same position of being the youngest and only one at home. he is definitely spoiled! and has to be woken up and dragged out of bed in the morning. lol. the only difference between your sister and him is that he LOVES when my parents go out of town. haha...that is probably why they never leave him alone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I am sure it will be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)