Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Think about it Sunday- the perfect bedtime

What do you consider the perfect bedtime? When do your kids nap?

When I was a little girl- (ok until I was in like 8th grade lol!) my bedtime was 8:30. I hated that! I was always up by about 6-6:30 and couldn't sleep in until 8 for the life of me! Last summer we were just blowing in the wind, and since we had 1 bedroom in the house the baby slept next to our bed, so she went to bed when we layed down to watch tv. She didnt have a bedtime at all. (But she was still up 3-5 times a night so it didnt really matter anyway. On a family trip our cousin put their baby down at 7:00 and we thought that was NUTS! But when we moved into our new apartment and she still wasnt sleeping through the night I figured it was time for a routine! SO we started off with a 7:30 bedtime. Baby has a nap at 10 and another one at 3, she will sleep 1-2 hours the first nap and around and hour the second one. If she doesnt get an afternoon nap or misses the morning and has a late one in the afternoon she goes down to bed at 6:30!! GASP! I never thought I would be the parent putting my kid to bed that early! But I have really noticed a diffrence in her behavior and I think the extra sleep does her good, because she still wakes up between 7-8 in the morning!

So what do you do as far as bedtime and naps go? Any good tips and advice you can share with us that might be useful regarding sleep?



1 comment:

  1. Jason does so good with sleeping through the night. He usually goes to bed between 8 and 9 and (sometimes) sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00. It is wonderful. I just can't get him to take a long nap in the afternoon. After he wakes up at 7:00 am, I feed him and usually put him back down and he sleeps for like 2 more hours(it's awesome if I want more sleep or need to get ready). I guess that counts as his morning nap. The afternoon nap is about 30 min. Sorry that was a long comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)