Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Revamped Onsies! (Tutorial)

Alright- I guess it is time for my weekly tutorial! Ray Ray has been wearing A LOT of longies, capri wollies and skirty's these past couple of weeks. My only problem is that until now I have been a complete onsie mama! My baby NEVER didnt have a onsie on! (In fact she usually had one as an undershirt and then her shirt was one too!) So it has been really hard for me to find things in her closet that would work without wicking. The problem is that they are all SUPER short and bare too much belly when it is THIS cold! SO I decided to take a few of the old ones that are getting too small anyway, and make some shirts out of them!
It is seriosly easy! Take you onsie and lay it out somewhere flat.
take your rotary cutter and ruler or just scissors and cut along the bottom as close to the bias tape line as possible.
Now just iron it a TINY fold under and then again (you dont want it to fray)


wallah! Easy as can be! Now she can wear this for another 6 months!! I pulled mine a little, that is why it is so ruffly on the bottom. Either way- I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

  1. this is a great idea... for those onesies that are my favorite and she doesn't fit in anymore. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea and for updating your blog to keep me sane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I hope I remember all of these ideas when we have kids in a couple of years.!. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)