Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Think about it Sunday

This is an issue I have been dealing with all week. What do you do when your kids are sick? Do you take them to a party, take them to Walmart to cough all over other people, take them to the nursery at church, bring them over to get baby sat without telling the sitter?

Poor baby is sick, enough so that she cried the ENTIRE time at dinner last night. She is normally a VERY well tempered kid who rarely if ever cries, whines occasionally, not rarely cries. Her nose was running, she was coughing to the point of gagging, and yes, had I not woken her up to take her to this dinner, I would have known she was sick and not gone! But we have gone all week long with a kid that comes for a few hours each morning and he has had a runny nose and been a total basketcase all week. But did the mother make mention to this when dropping him off? NOPE. Sorry, but personally that is something I would like to know before exposing my kid to this! We have a new baby being born in the family this week that we wont be able to see if we are sick, as well as a funeral to go to in the middle of the week- WE DONT WANT TO BE SICK!

But alas, we are..... Guess we will be missing yet another week of church- I am the parent who doesnt want my kid coughing on yours, just so you know!



7 comments:

  1. I agree. Unfortunately we have missed church for a month because of sick kids or husband. We wanted to go today but mason has a fever. No other symptoms, so I am not sure what we are going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, don't take your kids around other kids if they are sick. Hopefully that other lady doesn't read your blog, because she may be hurt to know that you wrote a blog about her...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agreed. I think it's so annoying when parents take their sick kids everywhere, just because it is inconvenient to stay home. Thanks for keeping them home from nursery too, that is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated having sick kids in nursery I felt like I had to watch each toy that left the kids hand to make sure it was washed before the next kid played. I am sick and I feel bad about going in to be induced being sick.. :( silly.. but true. WARNING i'm sick.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah would be nice if the other parent was responsible. of course others do not understand now you have to miss school and work too care for a sick child and they should have.

    guess they thought better you miss then they do huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't take my son out when he sick but for purely selfish reasons. If he is sick, his immune system has already been compromised and exposing him to even more germs seems to be over doing it a bit. I'll expose him to other kids germs when he is healthy and can deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry she's sick! That's no fun at all. I don't bring my daughter around anyone when she's sick, especially not nursery. (Now that we actually have nursery...it's great!) I agree that the mom should have at least warned you her child was sick. That's just commen courtesy, if not commen sense! Good luck getting over the sickness asap, so you can see the new baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)