Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crunchy Tuesday and randomness

Sorry I have been slow lately, I havnt had the motivation to do much of anything lately haha- So today I was thinking for Crunchy Tuesday we should do a recipe swap that involves fall veggies. Squash, pumpkins, carrots and onions are just a few of the very plentiful veggies in season right now and everyone could use a few new ideas- so leave one if you have one!

On a side note- if you want to enter your kids/self/SO in the halloween costume contest send me an email to ohbabyboutique@live.com and I will get them up after I get a few more!

So as I was thinking about the fall veggies I decided to chuck our carved pumpkins. We have one each that DH and I carved and then there was one he stuck a big pumpkin welcoming sign lawn thing into, and it was looking a little wet where it was sitting. So I grabbed the top of that one and one of the carved ones and headed to the garbage. I made it to the 2nd apartment past ours in our 6plex and what do you know, the bottom fell out of the stick one. I frantically tried to scoop the contents back in because it was right on said apartment's front step! As I am doing so about 10 HUGE and very scary looking spiders came running out AGH! The mold, the hotness of the rot and the nastyness.... oh my goodness, I am sure you can only imagine! SO happy late Halloween neighbors... uh, Sorry bout that!




2 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin story sounds awful and gross! The spiders sound like the worst part to me! Yuck! I'll be thinking about some recipes with fall veggies...what a good idea. I like to stir fry squash, zucchini, onions, and red peppers and serve them over (or with) pasta alfredo...kind of like a pasta primavera dish. I've also seen the dinner in a pumpkin idea, but I don't have a recipe for it.

    P.S. Your baby looked SOOOOO adorable as Minnie Mouse! I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)