Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Do you eat to live or live to eat?

Question to start off the week-(New Sunday segment!) If you take the time to read this post, PLEASE leave a comment! This way I can get to know you and it will be fun to read everyones response!

It is as simple as the title states- do you live to eat or eat to live?

I am sitting here pondering what to eat. Dh? You guessed it, studying. Baby? She ate her cottage cheese and peanut butter toast and went to bed. Me? Well I have eaten 2 cupcakes and 1/2 an orange today..... I am SOOOOO in the eat to live category! I cant say I really have a favorate food that I could eat very day. I do very much enjoy the Oriental Chicken roll up at Applebees (We dont have one withing an hour's drive), and I enjoy my MIL's friend chicken and her mac and cheese. I make a pretty mean Alfredo pasta- but I couldnt even eat THAT every day! UG- it is a total fight to get me to eat each day! Here is what a typical day looks like-
Breakfast- A large glass of Carnation chocolate breakfast milk.
Lunch- Kraft Mac and cheese, a yogurt or some random fruit or handful of crackers I grab when hunger turns to starvation.
Dinner- Whatever I make for the family- but it is when DH is gone that it becomes a problem. Usually I have a banana, some ore milk or even a PB&J. I do not know what is wrong with me! I need some help in the food department! Nothing ever sounds good to me! ( I am NOT anorexic! I promise!!!! I just cant find food I like!)

So now tell me- do you eat to live or live to eat? Also just for fun, let me know what your favorate food you make and your fav from the restraunt is!!


12 comments:

  1. This isn't so much an answer to the question, but I LOVE CIB. I have that EVERY MORNING for breakfast...usually that's all I eat for breakfast too.

    I just found out you can buy it in bulk on the nestle site, with a 25% off code, and that makes it cheaper than Costco, I think! YEAH!

    Let me know if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ps, I LOVE the chips and salsa from Chili's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so on the live to eat category. I love love love to eat, and that probably explains a whole heck of a lot about my life...oh well. Well, I think my favorite is Orange Chicken from Panda Express--a Chinese chain. I could eat it every day for the rest of my life and be quite happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I would love the CIB code--that's what Dakin eats since he needs the extra calories. Hook me up if you get it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally live to eat! I LOVE eating! One of my fav's is pizza...we do that $5 hot and readies at Little Caesars a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Eat to Live. I used to live to eat, but I have changed that now. There is even a book called Eat to Live and I recommend it. I also recommend the book called In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am more a eat to live. That partly could be because I hate to cook. lol. But I do love sub sandwiches. Those are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to eat. Mexican food is my favorite, but only from my hometown. I can't make it very well. I wouldn't say I have a food I can always eat, though. And I find it's always hard when you're cooking just for you, why put in all the effort?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am both...if that is possible! I like to eat, but am like you and don't like to eat during the day ...well I would like to eat during the day but I HATE making food for just me, and well Marlee is still breast feeding so I don't have to cook for her!

    But I love to eat when other people cook!

    My favorite is mashed potatoes with corn and gravy and either a steak or pork chops. We are poor so we hardly ever have steak but oh man I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little of both too. I eat to live, but there are some foods that I live to eat! (But mostly they are sweets or ice cream, so I shouldn't love them so much! I do love the Ravioli di Portabelo at Olive Garden. (I had that for lunch! Yum!) But I couldn't eat that every day. It's a treat though once in a while. One of my favorite things that I cook is Hawaiian Haystacks. It's basically a chicken, creamy sauce served over rice. And then you can add all kinds of toppings...shredded cheese, chopped veggies, tomatoes, pineapple (that's what makes it Hawaiian-LOL), slivered almonds, boiled eggs...whatever you like and whatever sounds good. If you want the exact recipe, just let me know. It really is yummy! :) I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Josie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Its always fun to see new people.
    I had to laugh at your blog title. We had three kids before we were done with college! You have some good ideas.
    I just love chocolate. Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!
    But my kids love pasta. I think I could right a cookbook, "1001 ways to prepare pasta"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha... i am in the eat to live right now catagory. Breakfast is banana and milk except i'm sick so juice. Then snack because im starving is crackers, or string cheese, lunch is usually soup or sweets because nothing sounds good... snack again is fruit, then dinner is whatever i force down. pasta is easier to eat right now, we have a lasagna coming for dinner... also popcycles are in the main menu all the time to keep me hydrated...

    normally i think i'm still in the eat to live but with more variety... except if you give me lasagna then i'm living to eat! HA HA HA

    Hope all is well. This is funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)