Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Terrible mommy moment

Ever have one of those moments as a mom that will stick in your mind forever and make you cringe every time you think about it? Oh I did yesterday!
We were at my dad's farm looking at the new baby calf's that were just born. SO we were walking down the gravel road to get into the field. I was holding the baby, but my back was hurting, so I went to swing her over my shoulder. Well I missed. I swung her and somehow she ended up on her back on the gravel! It was so sad and so scary! I coudlnt believe I had done something so terrible! She is totally fine- doesnt even have a scratch on her and was acting fine less than 5 minutes later- but still it was terrible!! SO to make me feel better, please share one of your terrible mommy moments!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting our blog today:) I hope you come back often!

    P.S. I am sure you are a wonderful mommy! Long story short, when my son was 3 he and my hubby were playing around "wrestling". My son hit his forehead just right across the floor, never cried or anything. It let an impressive skid mark. When his preschool teacher asked what happened he said "oh my dad slammed my head against the floor". Luckily his teacher knew us well, I felt horrible!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I'm laughing. When my oldest was one she fell off a bed at her aunts and broke her elbow. We didn't realize it until the next day when it was swollen twice its size. Needless to say, we had to go through countless doctor interviews about whether or not we suspected child abuse. I felt like the worst mother ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had anything to bad, as a mom, at least that I remember...I might have blocked them out though lol....but when Sari was born she was laying on my mom and dad's waterbed, in the middle and I started jumping on the bed and jumped her RIGHT off the bed. I still can remember her flying through the air and the screams, oh man did she scream. She was only probably like 6 or 8 weeks old, my mom was so upset. Accidents happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My five year old got into a collision on a big slide a the park and he ended up falling off pretty close to the ground so I thought he was OK so I totally ignored his crying. He even came and sat next to me and I was like, "You're fine, just go play. Take a deep breathe and stop crying." Turns out he broke his arm. What are you gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hit both of my daughter's in the head with the car door and knocked them flat on their backs and smashed Ri's fingers in the car door...luckily her fingers are really skinny and she was fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how scott likes to throw the kids around? Well he was tossing Colton (i think) and he threw him so high he hit the light fixture and broke it out of the ceiling. Mason also rolled off our bed that was at least 4 feet off the ground, he was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a kid, I had a lot of ear infections. Well, at one point I had an ear infection at the same time the cat had ear mites. My mom got the ear drops mixed up and accidentally put ear mite drops in my ears!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)