Sign my guestbook!

Come, enjoy, leave a comment and come back often!!

If you become my follower I will absolutely return the favor!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Crunchy Tuesday- HR4040

So for the past couple of years it seems like all we have heard about is lead in toys, lead in paint, lead, lead, lead. Now while I totally agree that I dont want my daughter chewing on a wall with lead paint, or swallowing something with lead in it, but then congress did something to make things better for us parents, they passed the HR4040 law. This law says that all childrens items, toys and clothes must be tested for lead and toxins and certified safe before they can be sold. That is really nice right? Well not so much if you ever plan on buying something hand made. In order to get something tested it can cost between $300 and $4,000 just for 1 item! I dont sell anything for $4,000, so pretty much, well you get the picture!

S0 essentially it will soon be illegal to sell home made baby clothes, toys, pretty much anything for kids under 12. Not to mention to buy things in thrift stores. Most of us would be lacking a lot of things if we couldnt buy second hand!

So how can we make sure this doesnt happen? Please take a minute and go here and sign the petition to save handmade! I of course wouldnt want you to go about this without reading up though. I dont know, what do you all think? Do you think this is a good law to go into effect?





2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to leave a comment! :)